Mexican fan 'zine Alu Zine published this cover story and feature interview with Hugin's Hrossharsgrani project some years ago, and a copy of said 'zine was kindly supplied for the Castle library by Hugin himself in a recent shipment from darkest Austria in order to preserve the interview for posterity.
"It’s a real honour for me to introduce you on these pages a very interesting project, with a very weird name but also with a very strange mysticism that will capture your attention immediately: HROSSHARSGRANI. Behind this name is Hugin, a lonesome warrior to the service of ODIN. Without further ado, I’ll let you enjoy this interview, which will help us all to expand our knowledge about some of the ancient and pagan cultures in Europe.
1. Hugin, please could you tell us where the idea to create this project came from?
2. HROSSHARSGRANI is an unusual name, what’s its exact meaning?
3. How would you describe your style?
4. Besides your CD “Ancient Tales”, what other records do you have?
5. Specifically talking about “Ancient Tales”, do the lyrics have something special to say? Is this a concept album?
6. Is HROSSHARSGRANI a band with the typical Black Metal image? (use of make up, inverted crosses, etc)? Can you tell us your personal opinion about the image and marketing strategies of bands such as Cradle of Filth?
7. What pagan bands from your own country would you recommend?
8. What’s the label of your new CD “…Of Battles, Ravens and Fire”? Is it an independent recording company?
9. What are your ideological beliefs?
10. Do you think that when playing your CD one can experiment the feeling of living in or travelling back in time to the pagan and Viking past of old Europe?
11. Would you like to have lived in this historical era where you could go to battle with enormous swords, wear a helmet with horns; have a shield and a muscular body? Do you like this image?
12. Is it possible to make music that manifests the honour and pride of ancient cultures or mythologies?
13. Is there racism in your country now? What do you think about racism?
14. Can you tell us about your plans?
15. Thanks for taking part of this interview. Is there anything that you would like to add for Latin people?